Thursday, January 8, 2009

Caesar Salad? Not!

I picked up a Chicken Caesar salad from the Kitchen Hearth's downtown location today. Unfortunately, it wasn't even in Caesar's neighborhood - have you ever had a Caesar salad with carrots, cucumbers, head lettuce and grape tomatoes? Well, that's exactly what was on my salad - with nary a Romaine leaf in sight...no garlic, either. It was simply a plain old tossed salad with some very dry chicken strips placed on top. Caesar dressing was on the side, but my goodness, folks....a Caesar needs more than its dressing to bear the name.

On the 'up' side, I also bought a multi-grain roll to accompany the salad, and it was outstanding! Unlike some mutli-grain bakery items which can be dry and unappetizing, this was moist and chewy on the inside, and crackling crusty on the outside. I'm glad I picked it up...it helped fill the void left by the salad.

No comments: